Saturday, October 5, 2013

bathroom wall cabinet made from shutters


Shutter, shutter!  More of my auction-find shutters. I needed a wall cabinet when we remodeled our bathroom, and even the crummy ones were like $70, so I put my shutters to good use. This is one set of large shutters, split for the end, and two sets of smaller ones for the front. I cut shelves to fit and braced them with some 1x2's underneath and a couple of "L" brackets. Then I cut a piece of pine for the top and routed the edge. I got a 1 1/2" dowel and cut to length to use for a towel bar on the bottom, and used a jigsaw to make a couple of brackets for it to sit in and attached to the bottom of each long shutter. Then I sanded to rough up the surface and painted to match the trim in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment