Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cream Can Lamp

This project took a little time, and I had to enlist my husband's help.  I bought an antique cream can at an auction for $10.  I already had an out-of-date brass floor lamp.  So, I disassembled the lamp and only kept and used the top half.  We drilled holes in the top and bottom of the cream can to run the light cord through.  I painted both the can and top portion of the floor lamp with hammered copper Rustoleum paint.  Then I took the existing lamp shade, and scruffed paint here and there in tans and browns and a little gold.  I added some beads to earring posts I had in my craft box and poked through the bottom edge.  I then glued a strand of gold ribbon to the bottom and top of the shade.  I took some burlap and muslin and rolled a few rosettes and hot-glued to the shade on both sides to balance the weight.  I love the idea of mixing old with new and the hammered copper paint gives it a nice vintage color!

No comments:

Post a Comment