Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Garden Decor

Here is a picture of a couple of different projects.  I love the teacup bird feeder.  This was super-easy.  I had a teacup and saucer that was in the bottom of a box of junk from an auction.  I took some sand paper and roughed up the bottom edge of the cup and the middle of the saucer. Then applied some E6000 adhesive and glued together.  Probably let this set for 24 hrs.  Then, I took 2 sections of metal conduit, one about 3" long, and 3/4" diameter, the other about 3'long, and 1/2" diameter.  Sanded both and painted with rustoleum hammered copper paint.  I glued the short one to the bottom of the saucer with my E6000 and let dry for 24 hrs.  Hammered the long one into the ground, then simply sat the cup, saucer and short piece on top of the long one.  That way I can remove the cup and saucer in the winter to prevent breakage.
Behind and to the right, I took a new galvanized watering can, and had my husband weld a piece of rebar to the bottom and at an angle, and drilled a hole in the bottom, but towards the top the size of my water pump tubing.  I then took my water pump that I already had and ran the clear pump tube through the bottom of the watering can, forcing the water to flow out the spout and into a small pond below.

No comments:

Post a Comment