Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Family Photo Display

This is probably my favorite thing in my house - yet so simple!  I found an old paned window at a yardsale for $5, and found the pair of shutters for $4.  I separated the shutters and painted them, shabbily (is that a word?), and scruffed a little gold paint on top.  I attached a piece of wood to the bottom for a small shelf, and secured with a couple strips of burlap.  I glued some vintage lace to the top of the window.  Then I took six of my favorite photos and placed them on scrapbook paper, and used some stickers and embellishments to dress them up. Punched holes and strung jute rope through them and attached to the back of the window.  I also made a small shelf to go beneath the window - just cut a piece of scrap wood and used a jigsaw to make some "corbels" for the bottom supports.

No comments:

Post a Comment