Monday, October 7, 2013

Punched Tin Divider Wall



My daughter uses this in her salon as a divider wall.  This was originally a set of doors from an old barn.  We removed the glass and had a local heating/cooling company cut sheet metal rectangles to size for us.  I printed out some black & white clip art from the internet, and taped the patterns to the sheet metal, then used a spring-loaded center punch to punch the designs.I cut pieces of quarter-round to go around the edge of the holes to keep the sheetmetal in the doors.  Then I painted them olive green, and stained over the paint, brushing through before it dried to expose some of the paint underneat.  The great part about this was that I was able to punch her salon name in the middle panel.  It's definitely one-of-a-kind, and a conversation piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment