Friday, September 25, 2015

More DIY Halloween Decor Potion Bottle

So, here is latest creation!  I love these because they can be done with nearly any type of bottle or jar, and they are super-cheap to make!

This was made with a glass bottle, although I think I would prefer plastic.  You can use an empty alcohol bottle, vitamin bottle, etc.  I drew my letters and designs on the bottle with marker, then traced with a hot glue gun.  Once cooled,  I painted the entire thing black with acrylic paint, being sure to get into all the crevices of the letters and designs.  After that, it's whatever floats your boat in colors.  I had some brown, orange and tan acrylic paint I just dobbed around to give it an old look.  Then I used a light tan/yellow to highlight the raised parts of the glue design.  Once dry, I covered with a coat of Modpodge and hot-glued a little jute around the top.
Cool, one-of-a-kind decor at hardly any cost to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment