Thursday, September 24, 2015

DIY Fun Halloween Decor

Two simple and fun Halloween projects:  Witchy Potion Jars, and Witchy Spell Books

Witchy Potion Jars I made from various old jars I had sitting around, and I used different shapes and sizes.  I downloaded some free printables and printed them on tissue paper.  Grabbed my Modpodge and applied to the jars.  I then took some lengths of jute and hot-glued in different places for one-of-a-kind jars.  These look cute as-is, or you could fill with fall potpourri or colored liquid!





For the Spell Books, I used some yard-sale finds.  You can usually pick up hard-back books for anywhere from .25 to $1.00.  I guessed at the center of the book and opened and kind of smashed it to stay in the open position.  Again, downloaded a few free printables and printed on tissue paper.  I tore the images rather than have a straight cut, and decoupaged them onto both open pages, as well as the front and back cover and binding.  I used a brown scrapbook stamp pad to "scruff" some age around the edges of the pages,and curled the corners of a few pages either side of the center of the book. Once I was happy with the look, I put on like 3-4 coats of Modpodge to every surface, so it would hold the book in an open position.  These look great laying down, or in an easel.  These probably took the most time, because I had to wait for each coat to dry, but they look very unique!




No comments:

Post a Comment